Thursday, September 27, 2012

K ki ケーキ

Cosy.Cafe.Cakes.

I walked past the shop several times but
it was always in the night so no matter what
there is no way that I can visit this little piece 
of heaven since it is closes at 7pm daily unless
I make an effort to be at Ann Siang in the noon
which i finally did a few months back.

It is a pretty known fact that japanese confections
are usually light and airy, but one thing that I really
admired is the simple and classy look of their cakes.
Japan is a place that I would love to pursue my dream
just not France or anywhere else.

A very humble cafe with clean and white interior perfect
for a lazy afternoon tea. I went there for their Mont 
Blanc and unfortunately it was long sold out, but I
was told that I could have called to make a reservation 
merely for a slice of cake. This is weird, nevertheless I 
will heed her advice if I'm ever coming back again;)
 I heart this red letter box with the potted plants hanging, great idea! :)
 We ordered a pot of Osmanthus Sencha since I 
appreciate tea more than coffee, the sencha is aromatic and 
has a very slight sweet after taste
read up many reviews about this Kinabaru (S$8.00) and 
there were nothing but praises so far. this is basically 
coconut mousse with passionfruit centre and crunchy chocolate 
base, to be honest the combination does not appear to be appealing
 in my context. and i was wrong, utterly wrong, it is so tropical and 
refreshing! This is definitely something worth a mention
pretty Red Riding Hood (S$8.50)with gleamy chocolate 
coated on the outside but the chocolate mousse cake is plain 
ordinary, nothing impressive so to me its neither yay nor meh :/


If I happen to be here again, I will not want to miss
the Mont Blanc and Noisette! =]


Ambience: 3.8/5
Food: 3.8/5
Money:2.9/5

Final Verdict: I'LL CONSIDER!

Address: 7 Ann Siang Hill
#01-00 (Singapore)

Operating Hours: Tues to Sat -12pm to 7pm
Sun- 1pm to 7pm
(Closed on Mondays)

Tel (No.): +65 6225 6650


*burped at 3.26am~

No comments:

Post a Comment