Sunday, September 23, 2012

Tiong Bahru Bakery

Here is my new found love.

Tiong Bahru is now the place where you can
find small and quaint cafes just everywhere.
With the recent hype on the area there is certainly 
no reason for you to not know about the Tiong
Bahru Cafe, such a simplistic name but there's
so much more to it.

The layout of the cafe is pretty usual, 30-40 seaters
with long counters on the right where they display
varieties of bread, pastries and tarts and many other 
treats. I have to say I was spoiled for choices, if only
I can order one of everything!
 this is an excellent example of how the chinese meet the western, 
if you tell me this is a place where they sell "pau" instead of bread I 
seriously won't doubt hahahah
range of savoury items and how do people make their choice when 
everything here looks so good
 muffins brownies and tarts they are all waving at me!
we had the ham and mozarella foccacia with rocket leaves 
and cherry tomatoes (S$8.00), the texture of the foccacia was 
quite a let down as i expected more fragrance and crisp but it turned out 
rather hard and chewy instead. The saltiness of the ham was 
overwhelming thus I will suggust to have it with the rockets as they complement.
the all time crowd-pleaser, chocolate croissant(S$3.20). 
We were comtemplating between the plain and chocolate 
as many mentioned in their reviews that the plain croissant 
is something to rave about! But the chocolate ones were freshly out 
from the oven so we went ahead with the latter and I thought we 
made a good decision. The exterior is flaky and crispy whereas it 
is so soft and airy inside with the slightly warm melted chocolate. 
On the overall, the croissant is not too greasy and I am glad that its 
buttery flavour is not over powering too.

A place worth visting and I am awfully jealous of the heartlanders 
in Tiong Bahru. Hooray for the second branch is now open at the 
basement of Raffles City Shopping Centre ;)

Ambience: 3.5/5
Food: 3.9/5
Money: 3.9/5

Final Verdict: I'LL BE BACK!

Address: 56 Eng Hoon Street
#01-70 (Singapore)

Operating Hours: 8am to 8pm 
(Closed on Tuesdays)

Tel (No.): +65 6220 3430
*burped at 6.04pm~

No comments:

Post a Comment