Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Marmalade Pantry (Fairways Drive)

Time to introduce a place for sweet treats!:)

I knew there is another outlet at ION orchard
which is much more convenient and accessible 
but I was determined to hold back my temptation 
till I visit the one at Fairways Drive. And if you 
ask me why? I would say it's mainly because Im
a very "ambience" kinda person which means I'll
prefer to spend the same amount of money to
laze around in a nice and green outdoor environment 
instead of "people watching" in a shopping mall

Before hopping over to Marmalade Pantry, I had
a wonderful brunch with my friends at the Rider's
Cafe situated just next door and I'll cover that in
another entry soon;)
surrounded by the nature and greens! I love the laid back feel.
the first thing that caught my eyes is the array of pretty and 
sweet cupcakes! Something that girls may appreciate more and I 
wished I can try every single one:(
chose the plain jane Elvis (S$4.50), that is banana cupcake with peanut 
butter spread. The base is moist and light tastes like the typical 
banana walnut cake and the peanut butter gave the rich and flavourful 
taste to it.
not like the common red velvet we had at twelve cupcakes or anywhere else. 
You can see shredded coconut above the thin layer of cream cheese frosting, 
I actually favour this version more (S$4.50).
this is crazily sinful! Sea salt caramel cheesecake (S$8.00), practically felt like 
we were eating a block of cheese. Honestly I hate caramel but surprisingly 
Im pretty in love with this. A tad jelat so I will suggest to share a 
serving among a few.
a giant slice of classic marmalade carrot cake (S$7.00) with visible chunks of walnuts and 
finely shredded carrot, it wins hands down. 

By the way they also serve a good variation of mains and pasta
just that the price is too steep for a pauper like me, so wait till I 
have a deeper pocket then.


Ambience: 4.3/5
Food: 4/5
$$$: 3.5/5

Final Verdict: IM COMING BACK AGAIN (Provided I have transport there haha)


Address: 55 Fairways Drive (Singapore)

Operating Hours: Tues-Fri 3pm to 11pm 
Sat-Sun 10am to 11pm 
(Closed on Mondays)


*burped at 10.47pm~

No comments:

Post a Comment