Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Antoinette @ Penhas

Can't decide if Canele is better or Antoinette.
(It seemed like Canele is slightly superior as compared haha)
In any case, I love BOTH.

It was love at first sight when I chanced upon
Canele at Shaw House quite a few years back,
ever since then I actually developed a strong
liking for cakes and other confections. So much
so that I dream of having a cafe of my own like
this and right now Im still hoping for it to come
true. The Canele at Paragon has got to be my
favourite outlet of all, as for Antoinette, I will be
siding the one at Penhas Road.

Tucked in a quiet corner along the Penhas Road
but it still cant quite hide it's beauty cos the place
feels so out of the world!
you will be surprised when you're here since there is no other 
cafes around the vicinity that feels the same like this
there are little people during the weekdays and I'll say its a significantly 
good place for girls to have their heart to heart talk over dinner;)
one weird thing I like about both Canele and Antoinette 
is the idea of serving burger/sandwich with potato 
chips instead of fries! Not any chips but only thick and hard ones, 
after figuring for a long time i reckon this must be the kettle 
chips that's available in supermarts! The burger is only so-so, 
nothing dramatic but I must give the merit to the bread for its 
much better than ordinary sesame bun, crispy on the outside and 
fluffy within along with the fragrance from the butter spread 
I can have the bread by itself
Seafood Marinara Pasta, pretty small portion and it tastes alright 
just a little bland for my liking. Though Im satisfied with the
 texture of the spaghetti but that is about it
we can't leave here without having their macarons! chose 
the lavender and rose, both are my all-time preference! 
not only does it look darling but the chewy meringue 
base is the reason why Im a sucker for it
as elegant as how it's named, Saint Honore L’Amour, basically 
every bit from the tart to the cream to the petite cream puffs 
were rose flavoured and this can't ever go wrong.
has a lovely name, Charlotte with an attractive outlook but it was 
rather decieving. I can barely remember what is this about, ahhhh
mistake mistake.
Nougatine crepe, most heavenly of all! I had never once left 
Canele or Antoinette without ordering this, had repeatedly 
reminded myself to try the other crepes but I always 
ended up saying "give me a nougatine crepe please" haha nutella 
spread on crepe with blobs of chantilly cream, drizzled 
caramel, a generous scoop of nougatine ice-cream and 
thin layers of filo pastry, that completes my meal :D


Okay now that I'd realised, I have been to Canele countless times
yet I failed to take decent pictures of my food. I shall be going
back soon!

Ambience: 4.3/5
Food: 3.9/5
Money:3.7/5

Final Verdict: Canele > Antoinette

Address: 30 Penhas Road (Singapore)

Operating Hours: Mon to Fri 11am to 10pm
Sat 10am to 11pm
Sun10am to 10am

Tel (No.): +65 6293 3121


*burped at 10.49pm~

No comments:

Post a Comment